500mls Natural Yoghurt
300g of Porridge Oats
150g dried Cranberry
1 Beaten Egg
1 Banana Mash
2tbsp bread soda
For the Glaze
50g Icing Sugar
20mls Orange Juice
1 tbsp Orange Zest
Preheat oven to 180.
- Place natural yoghurt, 1 beaten egg, 2 tbsp honey & 1 ripe mashed banana in a bowl and mix well.
- Mix 300g porridge oats, 2 tsp bread soda, 150g dried cranberries & rind of 1 orange in a separate bowl.
- Add this to the yoghurt mixture & stir thoroughly.
- Place in a greased lined 8-inch tin or 2lb loaf tin and bake at 180 for 30 mins & then lower temp to 150 and bake for a further 20 mins.
- For the glaze: beat 50g icing sugar & 20ml orange juice & 1 tsp orange zest into a watery icing and drizzle over the cake when it’s still warm.
Serve with some homemade jam !!