Healthy Scotch Eggs
So easy to make and so Nice !!!
- 4 large eggs, hard-boiled
- 400 grams pork mince
- 1-2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 2 beaten eggs
- 50g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- Put four eggs into a pan of cold water and bring to the boil. Boil for 5-6 minutes then plunge into cold water for another 4 minutes. Carefully peel and set aside.
- Mix together the mince meat, curry powder and dried herbs in a bowl Flatten it out and divide the mixture into four portions.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Flatten a portion of the mixture in your right hand and, with your left hand, take an egg and wrap the mince around it until it’s fully encased. Repeat for the remaining three boiled eggs.
- Spread the breadcrumbs out on a wide plate. Beat the remaining eggs and dip each Scotch egg in the beaten egg, then roll in the breadcrumbs. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment and lightly spray with low calorie cooking spray.
- Place the Scotch eggs in the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Serve with salad as above