- FROZEN FRUITS AND VEGGIES ARE LESS NUTRITIOUS THAN FRESH ONES Frozen fruits and vegetables are flash-frozen within hours of being picked, locking in a majority of the nutrients , Eat fresh produce when you can but there is nothing wrong with frozen veg , as you know we do eat a lot of frozen green beans !!
- YOU HAVE TO COUNT CALORIES TO LOSE WEIGHT
Consuming 100 calories’ worth of dognuts or chips is not the same as eating 100 calories of vegetables or brown pasta. Don’t get caught up in the number of calories you are eating, instead focus on the nutritional value of the food item. If you are eating the right foods you’ll be able to drop pounds without becoming obsessive about calorie counting.
- EATING FAT WILL MAKE YOU FAT
Sometimes the opposite is actually true, What kind of fat you’re eating makes a big difference. Opt for healthy fats ,Foods like avocados contain good fats .
- EATING LATE makes you gain weight.
We are busy working parents so rarely have dinner before 6pm. Try to prepare in advance and focus on what you are eating rather than the time you eat it. If you eat more calories than your body needs, you will gain weight—even if dinner was at 5 p.m. But leaving it too long between meals might result in feeling too hungry and therefore overeating!
- LOW- OR NO-CARB DIETS ARE GOOD FOR YOU
It is not advised to omit specific food groups unless you have been advised by your doctor .Your brain needs carbs to function. The best sources of healthy carbohydrates are whole grains, veggies, and fruits. What matters is the source of the carb.